Outwood Grange Academies Trust (OGAT) collects information or data about you when you use our recruitment website.
What information do we collect?
We ask you to provide personal information when you register with the website, and further information if you go on to complete an employment application.
When you create an account we collect:
- Your email address and your name
When you complete an employment application we collect information including:
- Personal details such as your name, address, contact details, employment history, details of your education and qualifications, and any other information you choose to submit as part of a personal statement.
- Whether or not you have any criminal convictions or professional sanctions
- Whether you have a disability for which we may need to make a reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process
- Optionally, information about your personal background, including age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and religion
We use this data to:
- Provide you with information about job vacancies and the application process
- Process applications for an employment vacancy and facilitate the recruitment process, including carrying out pre-employment checks
- Monitor equality and diversity
- Help us to provide you support, diagnose problems with the website, and maintain its security
- For those candidates who are offered employment, data from their application will form the basis of their employment records
We collect this information because we have a legitimate interest to do so. Processing this information is necessary to facilitate us administering an online account for you, and for us to process your application(s) for employment and monitor and improve our recruitment practices.
The information we collect to monitor equality and diversity is additionally collected with your consent, and providing this is completely optional.
If you contact us
If you contact us, we will record your contact details and any information you provide that is relevant to your enquiry. We collect this information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so to in order to respond to your query.
Will we use your information to contact you?
We may contact you:
- To provide you with information about the recruitment process, or to respond to a question you ask us
- To administer your online account, e.g. to help reset your password or to notify you about maintenance that may impact completing an employment application
Why do we collect sensitive data?
Some of the information we ask for in an application for employment is particularly sensitive (“special category data”). We process this data under the following conditions:
- If you provide information about your health when we ask whether you have a disability for which we may need to make a reasonable adjustment, we process this information on the basis of fulfilling our legal obligations as an employer under the Equality Act 2010.
- If you choose to provide information on the diversity monitoring section of an application form, we process this data on the basis of it being in the public interest to monitor the equality of opportunities under our Public Sector Equality Duty.
Where do we store data?
We store your data on secure servers located within the EEA and in the US operated by organisations certified by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Paper and electronic copies of recruitment information are also stored securely by members of OGAT staff.
How long is data held?
We will remove your account from our systems after two years of account inactivity, or earlier at your request.
We remove employment application data from our systems seven months after the recruitment campaign ends.
Some information, such as equality and diversity data, is anonymised or pseudonymised and retained to monitor trends in our recruitment over time.
Analytics and cookies
Disclosure of information to 3rd parties
We will pass on your information to other organisations if we have a legal obligation to do so.
We may share your information as part of the recruitment process, for the purpose of conducting pre-employment checks. For example, we may verify information you provide on an employment application.
We will not share your information with any other organisations for marketing or other commercial purposes.
When we process information about you, we do so with respect for your rights under data protection legislation.
- Right of access. You have the right to access the data we hold about you
- Right to rectification. You have the right to request we update inaccurate data about you
- Right to object. In certain circumstances you may object to our processing your data
- Right to erasure. In certain situations you have the right to request we erase personal data we hold about you
- Right to restrict processing. In certain circumstances you have the right to request we restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the information we process:
- Or write to us: Data Protection Officer, Outwood Grange Academies Trust, Potovens Lane, Wakefield, WF1 2PF.
If you have a question about personal data we already hold, please provide enough information for us to identify you (e.g. your name and the email address you used to register an account).
Changes to this notice
Updates to this notice will be posted on this page. Substantial changes may additionally be notified by email.
This notice was last updated on 23 May 2018.
The latest version of OGAT’s policies, including our Data Protection Policy, are available at outwood.com/policies