Non-specialist Teacher of Maths Outwood Academy Acklam, Middlesbrough
- Full time
- Start Date
- January 2018
Outwood Grange Academies Trust seeks applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
Are you a non-specialist aspiring to re-train to teach Maths? This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher trained in a maths-related subject with a desire to expand their subject teaching base. An excellent knowledge and understanding of pedagogy that can be applied to mathematics is essential but you do not have to have a degree in maths. Our KS3 curriculum focuses on Teaching for Understanding (Mastery) and ensures we focus on depth of understanding rather than acceleration, meaning that our students get a true understanding of Maths at their level before moving on. In the early stages of re-training your teaching timetable would be made up predominantly of KS3 lessons.
Our senior Director, Kathryn Greenhalgh leads the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub and is keen to appoint someone who is ambitious for professional development either in the classroom or across our Family of Schools. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’. Applications are invited from both newly qualified and experienced professionals.
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offers:
• Re-training to teach maths through our TSST and Maths Matters courses
• The opportunity to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
• The chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps working across the whole Academy.
• The support and expertise of our Directors of Maths working across the Family of Schools.
• External outreach through the work of the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub.
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs.
• A further comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education (formerly the teaching school).
The Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Applications can be downloaded from [school’s email address]. Further details of the post can be obtained via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date: 18th October
Interview: 20th October
The Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
The application deadline was