Non Specialist Teacher of Maths Outwood Academy Shafton, Barnsley
- Full time/Part time
- Start Date
- April 2018 or sooner if possible
Non Specialist Teacher of Maths
Full Time Permanent Role
(Part time would be considered for the right candidate)
To Start: April 2018 or sooner
Outwood Academy Shafton is part of Outwood Grange Academies Trust. We seek applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
Are you a non-specialist aspiring to re-train to teach Maths? This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher trained in a maths-related subject with a desire to expand their subject teaching base. An excellent knowledge and understanding of pedagogy that can be applied to mathematics is essential but you do not have to have a degree in maths. Our KS3 curriculum focuses on Teaching for Understanding (Mastery) and ensures we focus on depth of understanding rather than acceleration, meaning that our students get a true understanding of Maths at their level before moving on. In the early stages of re-training your teaching timetable would be made up predominantly of KS3 lessons.
Our senior Director, Kathryn Greenhalgh leads the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub and is keen to appoint someone who is ambitious for professional development either in the classroom or across our Family of Schools. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’. Applications are invited from both newly qualified and experienced professionals.
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offers:
• Re-training to teach maths through our TSST and Maths Matters courses
• The opportunity to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
• The chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps working across the whole Academy.
• The support and expertise of our Directors of Maths working across the Family of Schools.
• External outreach through the work of the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub.
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs.
• A further comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education (formerly the teaching school).
For the right candidate we would be prepared to offer part time hours.
I you have any questions regarding the post or hours please contact Andrew Cousins Associate Director of Maths email@example.com
Academies Website https://recruitment.outwood.com/ only applications completed on an original Outwood application form will be considered; incomplete application forms and CV’s will not be considered. To request an application pack if you do not have internet access please call Tel: 01226 717730.
Closing date: Friday 15 December 2017
Interview: Tuesday 19 December 2017
The Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
This vacancy has closed and no longer accepts applications.
- Closing Date
- Interview Date
- Tuesday 19 December 2017