Learning Manager Outwood Academy Carlton, Barnsley
- Grade 5, 38 weeks plus 5 inset days, £17,522 - £19,803 (actual salary dependent on experience and length of service)
- 37 hours
- Start Date
- January 2018 or as soon as possible after
Achieving Academy status in February 2016 as part of the Outwood Grange Academies Trust, Outwood Academy Carlton is going from strength to strength. Based in the attractive village of Carlton, we offer an exceptional education and are enjoying significant improvement across every key measure and in every subject. In December 2015, Ofsted noted that “senior leaders have a clear vision for the school” and that “all aspects of school life have been transformed”, with the result that “pupils feel well cared for”. You can help us take things to the next level.
Outwood Academy Carlton invites applications from reliable, conscientious individuals who have the ability to support learning through the use of data, strategic intervention and monitoring in order to maximise student attainment. You will contribute to an atmosphere of respect, recognition, optimism, celebration and mutual support in the school, which promotes equality within and values with the diversity of the school community.
It is essential that the successful candidate will:
• Hold level 2 qualifications or equivalent (A*-C GCSE) in 5 subjects including English and Maths
• Have the willingness and ability to obtain and/or enhance qualifications and training for development in the post
• Have experience of working in a school environment
• Have excellent communication and listening skills
• Have good time management and organisational skills
As part of the Outwood Academies Trust, the successful candidate will enjoy the benefits of being part of the Outwood Family of Schools and have access to outstanding CPD and career development.
Outwood Academy Carlton is an 11-16 School with approximately 862 students on roll. The school is set in a semi-rural location offering an excellent environment in which to work.
Outwood Academy Carlton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Application packs for the above vacancy are available to download from: www.outwood.com or by contacting Janette Haworth, HR/Business Assistant on 01226 728494 ext. 231 or by email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Thursday 14th December at 12 noon
The application deadline was