Teacher of Science Outwood Academy Bydales, Marske-by-the-Sea
- MPS / UPS
- Full Time
- Start Date
- September 2018
Due to a rapid increase in numbers, following our January OUTSTANDING Ofsted Report, Outwood Academy Bydales seeks applications from applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic, driven professionals to join our Family of Schools. An excellent knowledge and understanding of the subject is essential. The ability to teach physics would be an advantage, but is not a requirement. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘Students First’. Applications are invited from both newly qualified and experienced professionals.
Our January 2018 Ofsted report noted:
• “Since the school opened in February 2015, the progress made by pupils has steadily improved. Pupils make outstanding progress in a wide range of subjects”
• “Leaders are ambitious and share a common vision. They have high expectations of each other, staff and pupils”
• “Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They are polite, well-mannered and mature”
• “Every pupil observed by inspectors during this inspection had a positive attitude to their learning”
• “Leaders, from within the school and multi-academy trust, provide a varied training programme for staff. Induction arrangements are well developed. They ensure that new and more experienced teachers adopt a
tried and tested approach to classroom management and lesson delivery”
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offers:
• The opportunity, should you choose, to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs and a comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education.
The predecessor Bydales School was in special measures and joined Outwood Grange Academies Trust in February 2015. Since then the school has rapidly transformed. In 2017 we achieved outstanding results of 85% 4+ and 75% 5+in English and Maths, placing the academy top in the North East. A P8 of +0.65 placed students third in the North East for progress since primary School. Progression in biology was +0.29, chemistry +0.92 and physics was +0.43.
We would welcome prospective applicants to arrange a visit and tour of the academy before deciding whether to apply. Please contact Jo Ferris, Associate Vice Principal in the first instance– email@example.com or Alison Chiverton, Head of Department/Director of Science – firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew Wappat, Principal – email@example.com
How to Apply
Complete an online application:Apply Now
- Closing Date
- Interview Date
- Thursday 26 April 2018