Second in Science Outwood Academy Brumby, Scunthorpe
- MPS / UPS + TLR 2.1
- Full Time
- Start Date
- Easter 2019. A later start would be considered.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust seeks applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
The Academy wishes to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic subject specialist who will engage with our ethos which places students first. Being a committed and imaginative teacher you will support the rapid and on-going developments within the faculty as we strive to improve attainment across the academy.
Applications are invited from experienced teachers who wish to develop their career within a fast moving environment. You will join the Outwood Grange Family of Schools which offers opportunities to access outstanding practice and resources to enhance the learning experience of our students.
Outwood Academy Brumby is an 11 – 16 school occupying a modern building in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. It is within easy reach of Lincoln, Grimsby, the east of Doncaster and the motorway network. Our latest Ofsted judgement is Good with Outstanding Leadership.
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offer:
• The opportunity to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
• The chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps working across the whole Academy.
• The support and expertise of our directors of maths working across the Family of Schools.
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for all.
• A further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through Outwood Institute of Education (formerly the Teaching School).
The successful candidate will be able to:
• support the Director of Science and to deputise when and where appropriate.
• ensure provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated maths curriculum for all students, in accordance with the aims and the curricular policies of the academy.
• act as a curriculum lead and be responsible for developing this area.
• develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
• monitor and support the overall progress and development of students.
Understanding the importance of excellent learning and teaching, you will have a genuine regard for young people and high professional standards.
If you care about the success of your students and colleagues, and have the energy and determination to make that success a reality, we would welcome your application.
If you are interested in this role and have any questions please e-mail email@example.com, you are also invited to visit the academy by arrangement.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All offers of employment will be subject to enhanced DBS Check.
This vacancy has closed and no longer accepts applications.
- Closing Date
- Interview Date
- W/C 14 January 2019