Second In Science Outwood Academy Bydales, Marske-by-the-Sea
- MPS / UPS plus TLR 2.2
- Full Time
- Start Date
- 1 May 2019
Due to a recent internal promotion within the Trust and following our January 2018 OUTSTANDING Ofsted Report, Outwood Academy Bydales seeks applications from applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding and challenging role.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and inspiring Second in Department with a real passion for Science. We offer an exciting opportunity to enhance an already highly successful and motivated team, characterised by an ambitious drive for excellence centered on the trust’s motto ‘Students First’. You will have the drive and vision, to deliver excellence in this department and have a clear focus on outstanding outcomes for students. You will support the Head of Department to ensure that effective teaching and learning is in place to raise standards and transform our students’ life choices.
Our January 2018 Ofsted report noted:
• “Since the school opened in February 2015, the progress made by pupils has steadily improved. Pupils make outstanding progress in a wide range of subjects”
• “Leaders are ambitious and share a common vision. They have high expectations of each other, staff and pupils”
• “Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They are polite, well-mannered and mature”
• “Every pupil observed by inspectors during this inspection had a positive attitude to their learning”
• “Leaders, from within the school and multi-academy trust, provide a varied training programme for staff. Induction arrangements are well developed. They ensure that new and more experienced teachers adopt a tried and tested approach to classroom management and lesson delivery”
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offers:
• The opportunity, should you choose, to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
• A full and comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education.
In 2018 we achieved outstanding results of 89% 4+ and 77% 5+in English and Maths, placing the academy top in the North East. A P8 of +0.77 placed students top in the North East for progress since primary School. Progression in biology was +0.38, chemistry +0.55 and physics was +0.15 and Science double award +0.45.
We would welcome prospective applicants to arrange a visit and tour of either academy before deciding whether to apply. Please contact Jo Ferris, Vice Principal in the first instance; firstname.lastname@example.org or Alison Chiverton, Director of Science; a.chiverton@.outwood.com or Seana Rice, Associate Principal; email@example.com
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
To apply, please visit: www.outwood.com > Vacancies. Alternatively, contact Hilary Edgar-Wears, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
This vacancy has closed and no longer accepts applications.
- Closing Date
- Interview Date
- 15 February 2019