Primary Trained Teacher of Science Outwood Academy Acklam, Middlesbrough
- MPS / UPS
- Full Time
- Start Date
- September 2019
Are you a primary trained teacher wishing to retrain to teach Secondary Science?
Outwood Grange Academies Trust seeks applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic, driven primary-trained professionals to join a busy and vibrant academy, to teach science at key stage 3.
Outwood Academy Acklam is judged as GOOD by Ofsted, with OUTSTANDING leadership. Outcomes for students are excellent. The academy has a state-of-the-art building and is well resourced.
An excellent knowledge and understanding of science, or a willingness to undertake subject specialist training, is essential. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’. Applications are invited from both newly qualified and experienced professionals.
This role at Outwood Academy Acklam offers:
• The opportunity to work and progress across our high performing trust.
• The chance to apply for project-based leadership roles, working across the whole Academy.
• The support and expertise of our Directors of Science
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs.
• A further comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education (formerly the teaching school).
In a recent inspection, Ofsted stated that, at Outwood Academy Acklam:
• Leaders of the trust and the school have very high expectations that all pupils will achieve well in preparation for their future careers.
• The ambition for every pupil to be successful is rooted in care and compassion.
• Leaders’ ambition for pupils’ academic success is supported by a strong ethos of care for pupils.
• The overall progress made by pupils – particularly disadvantaged pupils – by the end of Year 11 has been significantly above the national average for the last three years.
If you can add to the ethos of the academy, please apply for this exciting role.
The Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Monday 29 April 2019
Interview: Friday 3 May 2019
To apply online please visit www.outwood.com/vacancies. Please contact our HR Department by telephone: 01642 818200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to the academy or for further information.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
This vacancy has closed and no longer accepts applications.
- Closing Date
- Interview Date
- 3 May 2019