Casual One to One Tutor of English (Northern Region) Outwood Academy Normanby, Middlesbrough
- £10.50 per hour/£15.46 with a relevant degree/£26.53 per hour for QTS status
- To be negotiated
- Start Date
- 1 September 2019
- Temporary Position
- Casual Contract
Outwood Grange Academies Trust seeks applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role based at Hillsview Academy which is soon to become part of the Outwood Grange Academies Trust
Outwood Grange Academies Trust places students at the centre of everything it does, with a focus on creating a culture of success, a positive climate for learning and increased student attainment, achievement and social and emotional development.
We are seeking to appoint a committed individual to work as part of a dedicated team of staff. We are seeking someone who can effectively support selected students through individually tailored programmes of One to One tuition. This will be someone who has experience of teaching at KS4, or with recent experience as a GCSE examiner (preferably for AQA).
We welcome applications from people who:
• hold qualified teacher status and have experience teaching at KS4
• have retired from mainstream English teaching but would like to continue working with GCSE students on a one to to one/small group basis
• are looking to return to teaching English
• hold an AS/A-level English
• are able to demonstrate that they can work with individual students to progress their learning in English
• have experience as an English GCSE examiner (any exam boards, but preferably for AQA); or
• have subject specific knowledge of English at Key stage 4 and the GCSE exam requirements
The academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
Applications can be made online at www.outwood.com/vacancies
The Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
This vacancy has closed and no longer accepts applications.
- Closing Date
- Interview Date
- To be confirmed