Teaching Assistant Outwood Academy Easingwold, Easingwold
- Band 4 SCP NJC2 - NJC4 £12,256 - £12,750
- 30 hours per week term time plus 5 days (39 weeks)
- Start Date
- As soon as possible
We are delighted to be making an appointment for the position of Teaching Assistant, for our high achieving 11-18 academy in North Yorkshire – Outwood Academy Easingwold.
Our academies offer a high quality of education for our students and excellent career progression and training for staff. Our driving ambition is Students First: Raising Standards and Transforming Lives.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic practitioner to join our Family of Schools and work with us as part of the team who rapidly transforms the school to one that offers outstanding provision and is school of choice in its community.
Starting as soon as possible, we wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our existing Inclusion team. The purpose of the post is to carry out a range of duties that enable students with learning needs to fully access standard and differentiated curriculum activities. The post holders will work closely with all other members of the Inclusion team and teachers to promote high standards of inclusion and learning opportunities.
As an experienced Teaching Assistant you will be extremely well organised, IT literate and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Qualified to NVQ3 or equivalent and have experience of supporting students with specific needs.
Duties will include:
• To work with the teacher to facilitate the teaching and learning of students with SEN
• To provide reports and contribute to reviews and target setting as necessary.
• To ensure all equipment used by individual students to support their learning needs are used and maintained responsibly.
• To undertake 1:1, small group work and withdrawal support as necessary.
• To liaise with parents, outside agencies and other professionals as necessary.
• To act as key worker for identified pupils and attend their review meetings.
• To monitor individual pupil’s conditions and concerns, and report as necessary.
Driving may be required within this role for home visits.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
The new Academy will benefit from being part of the Outwood Family of Schools and you will be joining a highly innovative, inspirational and successful organisation. The Trust guarantees every member of staff CPD and development opportunities and various routes for career progression.
We welcome any requests from candidates wishing to visit the Academy.
For further information and to apply, please go to: www.outwood.com>Vacancies. Alternatively, you can contact Nicole Prince – HR Assistant directly by email email@example.com.
Closing Date for application: 16 September 2019 at midday.
Interview Date: 20 September 2019
This vacancy has closed and no longer accepts applications.
- Closing Date
- Interview Date
- 20 September 2019