Teaching Assistant Outwood Academy Ripon, Ripon
- Band 4 NJC 2-4 (£12,256 - £12,750) p.a actual
- 30 hrs, 39 weeks
- Start Date
- As soon as possible
Due to internal promotions at Outwood Academy Ripon, we are delighted to be making appointments for the position of Teaching Assistant.
Our academies offer a high quality of education for our students and excellent career progression and training for staff. Our driving ambition is ‘Students First: Raising Standards and Transforming Lives’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic practitioner to join our Family of Schools and work with us as part of the team who rapidly transforms the school to one that offers outstanding provision and is school of choice in its community.
Starting as soon as possible, we wish to appoint Teaching Assistants to join our existing Inclusion team. The purpose of the post is to carry out a range of duties that enable students with learning needs to fully access standard and differentiated curriculum activities. The post holders will work closely with all other members of the Inclusion team and teachers to promote high standards of inclusion and learning opportunities.
Duties will include:
• To work with the teacher to facilitate the teaching and learning of students with SEN
• To provide reports and contribute to reviews and target setting as necessary.
• To ensure all equipment used by individual students to support their learning needs are used and maintained responsibly.
• To undertake 1:1, small group work and withdrawal support as necessary.
• To liaise with parents, outside agencies and other professionals as necessary.
• To act as key worker for identified pupils and attend their review meetings.
• To monitor individual pupil’s conditions and concerns, and report as necessary.
Driving may be required within this role for home visits.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
We welcome any requests from candidates wishing to visit the Academy. Please note that there is currently a job evaluation exercise being undertaken across the Trust. The salary advertised for this post is therefore subject to job evaluation and may change.
We invite you to contact Mrs Vinutha Chandrashekar, HR assistant should you have any questions or require further details. A visit to the school is encouraged and can be arranged if required.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
To apply, please visit: www.outwood.com > Vacancies. Alternatively, contact: Vinutha Chandrashekar by email: email@example.com
Closing date: 12th November 2019
Interview date: 15th November 2019
This vacancy has closed and no longer accepts applications.
- Closing Date
- Interview Date
- 15th November