Teacher of English Outwood Academy Brumby, Scunthorpe
- MPS / UPS
- Full Time
- Start Date
- April 2020 or January 2020 is possible.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of English to join our strong and supportive English department.
At GCSE, we teach the EDUQAS specifications in English Language and English Literature and we have developed a focused curriculum from Year 7 to Year 11, which prepares students well for the rigors of their GCSE courses and beyond.
This is an opportunity to join our successful and supportive English Department, which is responsible for raising GCSE A*-C / 5 to 9 from 71% in 2017 to 73% in 2018. The department is committed to driving progress and attainment to improve the life chances of every student. We need an excellent teacher who is passionate about providing young people with the best possible education whatever their background or ability.
This post is a key appointment in terms of enhancing and ensuring positive life chances for our students through success and achievement in this key area.
Outwood Academy Brumby is an 11 – 16 school occupying a modern building in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. It is within easy reach of Lincoln, Grimsby, the east of Doncaster and the motorway network. Our latest Ofsted judgement is Good.
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offers:
• the opportunity to work and progress across the Family of Schools;
• the chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps working across the whole Academy;
• the support and expertise of our Directors of English working across the Family of Schools;
• a full and detailed programme of support and development for all, and
• a further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through the Outwood Institute of Education.
If you care about the success of your students and colleagues, and have the energy and determination to make that success a reality, we would welcome your application.
If you are interested in this role, we invite you to contact Lisa Shipman, Head of English (email@example.com), if you have any questions, and you would be very welcome to visit our school by arrangement.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All offers of employment will be subject to enhanced DBS Check.
- Job Description. Teacher of English
- Person Specification. Teacher of English
- OGAT Recruitment Brochure
How to Apply
Complete an online application:Apply Now
- Closing Date
- Interview Date
- 27 November 2019