Site Manager Outwood Academy Hemsworth, Pontefract
- £26,317 to £28,785
- Grade 9
- 37 hours, 52 weeks per year
- Start Date
- As soon as possible
Outwood Grange Academies Trust, seeks applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy, who will be experienced Site Managers, for this rewarding role.
Outwood Academy Hemsworth is a popular 11 to 19 Academy working closely in partnership with the Hemsworth pyramid of schools.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional candidate to help us provide a safe and progressive environment for learning. The successful candidate will be a strong leader to our Academy Site Team and will provide efficient and effective support to the Academy Business Manager and Principal.
Previous experience of working in a Site/Facilities Manager role is essential as we are undertaking a programme of improvement throughout our Academy and part of this will be a significant capital build and refurbishment programme until 2021.
The person appointed will have:
• A proven track record of managing Health & Safety across education sites preferably with accreditation;
• Delivered premises related statutory compliance in respect of statutory inspections, risk assessments and checks;
• Experience of managing sites around preferably large, construction and refurbishment projects;
• Experience of managing contractors including checking standards of work;
• Experience of managing premises budgets, processing purchase orders, checking work done in respect of payment of invoices;
• Experience of managing teams in respect of planning & allocating workflow, co-ordinating the work of others to an appropriate standard, and all other aspects of staff management;
• Developing and managing small premises related projects (up to £50K);
• Good working knowledge of computer packages including word processing, excel spreadsheets;
• Ability to prioritise and manage own workload in a fast paced environment;
The academy benefits from being part of the Outwood Family of Schools, and we intend that every member of staff receives CPD appropriate to the role.
For further information, please contact our HR Department on 01977 624220 ext. 246 or email@example.com. If you wish to discuss the specific premises context of the role please contact Trust staff Graham Spencer on 07545 788160, or Charlotte Foley Palmer on 07976 475069.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
Please note that there is currently a job evaluation exercise being undertaken across the Trust. The salary advertised for this post is therefore subject to job evaluation and may change.
The Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.