Site Manager Outwood Academy Ripon, Ripon
- Grade 9, SCP 22-25
- Contract type
- Working patterns
- Full time
- 37 hours / 52 weeks
- Start date
- 1st September 2020
- Please note this position requires driving
We are delighted to be making an appointment for the position of Site Manager for our high achieving 11-16 academy in North Yorkshire - Outwood Academy Ripon.
In line with the Government’s announcement, our academy is closed until further notice. However, we are still busily planning ahead for the forthcoming academic year and are excited about welcoming new recruits to come and join us. In place of academy based interviews, we have set up systems to ensure that alternative options are still available via video conferencing wherever possible. Every effort will be made to try and accommodate any specific requirements so that no-one is at a disadvantage. Understandably, visits to the school are not possible at present, however we are really keen to ensure that you have as much information to proceed with your application as possible, so if you would like a conversation about either the academy or the position please contact Anna Arcidiacono at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
Outwood Academy Ripon, judged Outstanding by Ofsted January 2016, places students at the centre of everything it does. The focus is on creating a culture of success, with positive environments for learning to increase student attainment, achievement and social and emotional development. Our academies offer a high quality of education for our students and excellent career progression and training for staff. Our driving ambition is ‘Students First: Raising Standards and Transforming Lives’.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional candidate to help us provide a safe and progressive environment for learning. The successful candidate will be a strong leader to our Academy Site Team and will provide efficient and effective support to the Academy Business Manager and Principal.
Previous experience of working in a Site/Facilities Manager role is essential.
The person appointed will have:
• A proven track record of managing Health & Safety across education sites preferably with accreditation;
• Delivered premises related statutory compliance in respect of statutory inspections, risk assessments and checks;
• Experience of managing sites around preferably large, construction and refurbishment projects;
• Experience of managing contractors including checking standards of work;
• Experience of managing premises budgets, processing purchase orders, checking work done in respect of payment of invoices;
• Experience of managing teams in respect of planning & allocating workflow, co-ordinating the work of others to an appropriate standard, and all other aspects of staff management;
• Developing and managing small premises related projects (up to £50K);
• Good working knowledge of computer packages including word processing, excel spreadsheets;
• Ability to prioritise and manage own workload in a fast paced environment;
The academy benefits from being part of the Outwood Family of Schools, and we intend that every member of staff receives CPD appropriate to the role.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
The Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.