Site Manager Outwood Academy Ripon, Ripon
- £26,317 to £28,785
- Grade 9, SCP 22-25
- Contract type
- Working patterns
- Full time
- 37 hours / 52 weeks
- Start date
- As soon as possible
- Please note this position requires driving
We are delighted to be making an appointment for the position of Site Manager for our high achieving 11-16 academy in North Yorkshire - Outwood Academy Ripon.
Outwood Academy Ripon, judged Outstanding by Ofsted January 2016, places students at the centre of everything it does. The focus is on creating a culture of success, with positive environments for learning to increase student attainment, achievement and social and emotional development. Our academies offer a high quality of education for our students and excellent career progression and training for staff. Our driving ambition is ‘Students First: Raising Standards and Transforming Lives’.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional candidate to help us provide a safe and progressive environment for learning. The successful candidate will be a strong leader to our Academy Site Team and will provide efficient and effective support to the Academy Business Manager and Principal.
Previous experience of working in a Site/Facilities Manager role is essential.
The person appointed will:
• Have a proven track record of managing Health & Safety across education sites preferably with accreditation
• Deliver premises related statutory compliance in respect of statutory inspections, risk assessments and checks
• Understand and administrate of school safeguarding policies and procedures
• Have experience of managing sites around preferably large, construction and refurbishment projects
• Have experience of managing contractors including checking standards of work
• Have experience of managing premises budgets, processing purchase orders, checking work done in respect of payment of invoices
• Have experience of managing teams in respect of planning & allocating workflow, coordinating the work of others to an appropriate standard, and all other aspects of staff management
• Develop and manage small premises related projects (up to £50K)
• Have experience working knowledge of computer packages including word processing, excel spreadsheets
• Have experience standard of literacy to complete reports, capital requests and communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Have the ability to prioritise and manage own workload in a fast paced environment
• Anticipate being hands on when necessary, cover absence,/ shift patterns as required
The academy benefits from being part of the Outwood Family of Schools, and we intend that every member of staff receives CPD appropriate to the role.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
The Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.