Administrative Officer Outwood Institute of Education, Doncaster
- £16,800 to £18,184
- Scale 4
- Contract type
- Working patterns
- Full time
- 37 hours per week, term-time plus 10 days
- Start date
- September 2021
- Temporary position
- 31st August 2022
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, organised and motivated Administrative Officer to join our high performing trust as a member of the Outwood Institute of Education team providing administration for the Yorkshire and the Humber Maths Hub. This would be suitable for somebody with either administrative or events experience with a desire to progress.
The Maths Hub programme brings together all mathematics education professionals in a national network of hubs. Each hub is locally led by an outstanding school or college, working in partnership with neighbouring schools, colleges, universities, CPD providers, maths experts and employers.
Visit https://mathshub.outwood.com for more information.
The Outwood Institute of Education is a network providing professional development for school staff. It strives to ensure the best outcomes for children in all schools by working together to share outstanding practice and give staff access to world class professional development. We believe that every child is entitled to a world class education.
This role will provide co-ordination and administrative support for the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub team and projects, and work closely with the hub’s senior leadership team to ensure effective delivery of the hub’s key performance indicators. The role will also provide administrative support to the wider Outwood Institute of Education activity as needed. The role is based at the conference centre at Outwood Academy Adwick, Doncaster but time will also be spent working on other school sites in Yorkshire and Humber as required.
This role is to coordinate the work of the Maths Hub, including:
• Providing administrative support for the Senior Administrator and Maths Hub leadership team
• Advertising, recruiting and maintaining bookings and membership of events and work groups
• Liaising with work group leads and provide support for work groups
• Appropriately processing financial transactions (POs / invoices / time sheets) to support the senior MH lead in maintaining an accurate budget
• Providing update reports to the Maths Hub Senior Leadership Team, for example booking updates, event feedback
• Producing regular reports for NCETM as required, including MHPod
• Providing administrative support for the appointment of personnel to roles within the Maths Hub
• Supporting conferences when required
• Supporting the Senior Administrator in the arranging of Leadership/Strategic Board Meetings
• Maintaining Maths Hub/NCETM website
• Maintaining Hub database system
• Maintaining up to date reach data - daily
• Event and calendar management
• Resource preparation
• Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders both in verbal and written form
• Providing administrative support for other projects and events as required
• Travel to schools / academies to carry out the above duties, as required by the Maths Hub Lead.
You will need to be motivated, have excellent organisation and communication skills and be able to prioritise workload and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will need to have the confidence to take initiative and work independently.
Normal working hours are 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday -Thursday and 8:00am – 3:30pm on a Friday. You will, however, be required to work occasional evenings and Saturdays with prior notice and discussion of availability.
The successful candidate will be based at the Outwood Institute of Education, Tenter Balk Lane, Adwick, Doncaster, DN6 7EQ with travel to other schools as required.
We are really keen to ensure that you have as much information to proceed with your application as possible, so if you would like a conversation about either the academies or the position please email Emma Rennison, email@example.com and she will be happy to assist.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
Please note that there is currently a job evaluation exercise being undertaken across the Trust. The salary advertised for this post is therefore subject to job evaluation and may change.