PA to the Principal / Office Manager Outwood Academy Bydales, Redcar
- £21,476 to £22,343
- Grade 7, SCP 15-17
- Contract type
- Working patterns
- Full time
- 37 hours per week, TTO plus 3 weeks
- Start date
- September 2021
Outwood Academy Bydales is an academy that is extremely proud of its staff and students who are dedicated to raising standards.
We seek applications from professional individuals who have the drive to support the academy in this key role by providing efficient and effective support to Principal, whilst also being an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
This is an integral role to the smooth running of our academy which requires a pro-active, dynamic and adaptable applicant.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a highly skilled administrator with a strong working knowledge of standard computer packages (including gsuite, word processing, email, diary management and spreadsheets)
• Have the ability to prioritise and manage own workload and co-ordinate the work of others to appropriate deadlines
• Have excellent communication and listening skills
• Be able to provide administrative support for Senior Leadership meetings
• Line manage the academy administration team
• Have an understanding of school safeguarding polices
• Have previous experience of working in a PA role and line management
• Have experience of working within a school setting (desirable although not essential).
The role includes managing a team of administrative staff, clerking for the Academy Council and flexible working.
As part of the academy's Senior Leadership Team meets you would be required to attend some meetings and events such as Parent's Evening and Academy Council meetings outside of normal working hours. Your role would include acting as clerk to the Academy Council, taking minutes and sharing information as needed with members. We are seeking a colleague who is able to offer flexibility when needed to meet the needs of the academy.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted as part of our recruitment process.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon either on the advertised closing date or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.