Teaching Assistant x 2 Outwood Academy Valley, Worksop
- Grade 3 (Pts 14-18) - £16,481 - £17,891 pro rata (actual salary £12,193 - £13,236)
- 32.5 hours per week (term time only - 39 weeks)
- Start Date
Outwood Academy Valley places students at the centre of everything it does, with a focus on creating a culture of success, a positive climate for learning, and increased student attainment, achievement and social and emotional development.
We wish to appoint Teaching Assistants to join our existing Inclusion team. The purpose of the posts are to carry out a range of duties that enable students with learning needs to fully access standard and differentiated curriculum activities. The post holders will work closely with all other members of the Inclusion team to promote high standards of inclusion and learning opportunities.
As an experienced Teaching Assistant you will be extremely well organised, IT literate and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. It would be advantageous to be qualified to NVQ3 or equivalent and have experience of supporting students with specific needs.
Duties will include:
• To work with the teacher to facilitate the teaching and learning of students with SEN
• To provide reports and contribute to reviews and target setting as necessary.
• To ensure all equipment used by individual students to support their learning needs are used and maintained responsibly.
• To undertake 1:1, small group work and withdrawal support as necessary.
• To liaise with parents, outside agencies and other professionals as necessary.
• To act as key worker for identified pupils and attend their review meetings.
• To monitor individual pupil’s conditions and concerns, and report as necessary.
Full details and application form can be downloaded from the recruitment section of the school website www.valley.outwood.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All offers of employment will be subject to enhanced DBS Check.
Closing Date: 15th January 2017 Provisional Interview date: TBC
This vacancy has closed and no longer accepts applications.
- Closing Date