Teaching Assistants Outwood Academy Portland, Worksop
- Grade 3 £16,481 to £17,891 - actual pro-rata salary £12,193 to £13,236 per annum
- 32.5 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks)
- Start Date
- As soon as possible
Outwood Academy Portland places students at the centre of everything it does, with a focus on creating a culture of success, a positive climate for learning, and increased student attainment, achievement and social and emotional development.
We wish to appoint 2 Teaching Assistants to join our existing Inclusion team. The purpose of these posts is to carry out a range of duties that enable students with learning needs to fully access standard and differentiated curriculum activities. The post holders will work closely with all other members of the Inclusion team to promote high standards of inclusion and learning opportunities.
As an experienced Teaching Assistant you will be extremely well organised, IT literate and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. It would be advantageous to be qualified to NVQ3 or equivalent and have experience of supporting students with specific needs. Experience of testing for access arrangements would be an advantage.
Duties will include:
• To work with the teacher to facilitate the teaching and learning of students with SEN
• To provide reports and contribute to reviews and target setting as necessary.
• To ensure all equipment used by individual students to support their learning needs are used and maintained responsibly.
• To undertake 1:1, small group work and withdrawal support as necessary.
• To liaise with parents, outside agencies and other professionals as necessary.
• To monitor individual pupil’s conditions and concerns, and report as necessary.
This vacancy has closed and no longer accepts applications.
- Closing Date